Tuesday, March 27, 2007

what a weekend!

this past weekend had to be the most jammed packed weekend ever. friday the other elevaters and i had a mystery lunch (definition: each person comes as an assigned character to the party. while at the party you're trying to figure out the answer to a murder mystery). it was pretty funny to see katie dressed as john wayne and saying things like "well hi there pretty little young lady." my character was groucho marx. i had no idea who this was. the only thing i knew was black mustache, cigar, and wiry hair (whatever that means!) i did my best with some black electrical tape, a rolled up napkin as my cigar, and the wierdest accent i could think of! maybe i did ok? i know caused quite a few laughs and won best actress. probably only because i made the biggest fool of myself! let me know how you think i compare...
















friday night began the garage sale marathon! we began sorting through the donations of what seemed like thousands of people! katherine made a most interesting discovery...
hey, you know what they say..."one man's trash is another man's treasure." anyways....the garage sale turned out to be a huge hit! we were able to raise $2700.00 for our trip to africa! which by the way is coming up in about 26 days! i cant wait! without any sleep at all i still was able to work 2 services saturday night. thank you Lord for supernatural strength! and thank you red bull. it's now tuesday so...here's to another week!

3 comments:

Debra said...

I love your journalism capabilities! A gifted princess you are!!! I just wanted to say hello, Kaycee. I love you and pray today you are blessed and always. Momma

Jason Guidry said...

The Marx brothers were commedians. And were accused of being Nazis due to their mustaches.

At least, that's what I've heard.

-Jason

Anonymous said...

You always make me laugh Kayc- I truly love you. You are like the best Groucho Marx ever!